Sunday, December 07, 2008

Tagged

1. Put your music player on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. YOU MUST WRITE THAT SONG NAME DOWN NO MATTER HOW SILLY IT SOUNDS!
4. Tag 10 friends who might enjoy doing the game as well as the person you got the game from.

1. IF SOMEONE SAYS "IS THIS OKAY" YOU SAY?
"Making Love in the Rain" - Herb Albert f/ Janet Jackson
Apparently the person asking is a john and I'm ... well, unemployment is really tough, okay! Don't judge me!

2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
(Disclaimer: I think pimps are horrible people.)
"Like a Pimp" - David Banner
"Me? I'm a pimp/I ain't payin' for no sex/ I'd rather buy a car or a new Rolex"
My itunes knows me so well.


3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
"Birthday Dethday" - Dethklok
"RSVP PLEASE/For the DETH of thee/You have little time/And you're running out of life/Happy Birthday/You're gonna die"
Weird, but it makes sense. If he's dead, he can't get on my nerves. Mmm, necrophilia. It's what's for dinner. (Note: No, it's not.)

4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
"For Your Love" - Stevie Wonder
Umm ... "for your love, I would do anything." That's not true, actually, but I'm in a lying mood today.

5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE'S PURPOSE?
"Stress" - Organized Konfusion
To transfer my stress to others so that I can live comfortably and others can die of high blood pressure.

6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
"Break Down and Let it All Out" - Nina Simone
"I've held back my tears just as long as I could"
This works, as I'm ever on the verge of drop kicking the person nearest me. Watch out, random people, you just don't know when a Chuck Norris-styled roundhouse kick is in the cards.

7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
"Sky Blue You" - Peven Everett
"Please come/to my/cele-bration"
Apparently, they freakin' love me! However, they're smart and know I probably won't be there.

8.WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
"Just Like the First Time" - Freddie Jackson
Yep, I'm stuck in the past. Nostalgia tends to add that rosy tinge that makes the present so much less agreeable. Freddie Jackson has it right; the first time, back then, was better.

9. WHAT IS 2 + 2?
"Come Around" - M.I.A.
"Put a hump or two on your back just like that, oh girl you're on fire ... I've been overkilling them, I break backs" - Timbaland
(Best song on this album, by the way.)
According to this little ditty, it's the number of backs Timbo breaks. Good for him.

10. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
"Luxury: Cococure (Mixzo Mix)" - Maxwell
Honestly, I can't make out what Maxwell is saying in this version, and, coincidentally, I don't know if I even have a best friend. See?!?! I got crazy connections.

11.WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"Love the Way" - Murs & 9th Wonder
"Inside and outside, I know every part of you/Know where you going/Before you start to move"
Perfect song. No explanation needed.

12. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
"I Just Called to Say" - Teddy Pendergrass
"You and I" - Stevie Wonder
I was gonna skip these songs, but since I got two schmaltzy love songs in a row, I figured it was a message. Even my ipod is bothering me about being single.

13. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Freestyle - Kane
"Non competible [hey, he said it!]/I'm not saying I'm the best/I'm just sayin' I'm f*ckin' incredible/And let's just make one more thing understood/If I FART on a record/That sh*t gon sound good"
That's it. I want to be that self assured. Long live the Kane.


14. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LIKE?
"Sportin' Life" - James Brown (Back Caesar Soundtrack)
It's an instrumental. so I guess I hear music? (Woodwinds, strings, and horns to be exact.)


15. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
"I'mma Break it Down" - Eazy E
"Now look at me and not the poster/and you could see right off I got the most of/
the talent, experience or a trade/and complements for the rhyme thats made "
It just means that they know I'm the dopest. Yes, my parents think in late 80s/early 90s hip hop lingo.

16. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
"Go to Hell" - Nina Simone
I can't make this up; it's what the shuffle chose. I suppose this'll be playing cuz I'll be perplexed as to how I got there.


17. What will they play at your funeral?
"Get Up" - Lost Boyz
Mr. Cheeks is just shoutin' out his boys and drinking in this one. I suppose the spectators at my funeral can give me a standing ovation or expect a creepy surprise from my corpse.

18. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
"What a Job" - Devin the Dude f/ Snoop & Andre 3000
Those of you who know this song, the chorus. The chorus is my hobby, minus the music though.

19. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
"Operation cb" - G. Rap & DJ Polo
This song is so profane and offensive, it's not even funny. Secretly, I'm the same way.

20. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
"Just One Star" - Antony & The Johnsons
I'm gonna kill MC for putting this creepy crap on my itunes. It's perfect cuz my friends are so freakin' pushy.


21. WHAT'S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN?
"Been in Love" - Eric Roberson
This would be a bad situation. The worst thing, though, not so much. Maybe if I fell in love with a killer cyborg and we broke up?

22. HOW WILL YOU DIE?
"Lovers & Friends" Lil Jon, Ludacris, Usher
What a sucky pick. Maybe they'll all rise up and kill me Murder on the Orient Express style from all the ill treatment over the years.

23. WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU REGRET?
"Drive" - The Cars
I didn't let anyone "drive" me "home." Quotation marks needed to signal the metaphor here, and no, it doesn't mean sex perverts.

24. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH?
"Southern Hospitality" - Ludacris
The chorus of this song is pretty funny.

25. WHAT MAKES YOU CRY?
"Sweet Nothings" - Roisin Murphy
Actually, they don't, but theoretically they should.

26. WILL YOU EVER GET MARRIED?
"Gas Drawls" - MF Doom
"The unemotional/call me anti-social/on the run off the gun/death tally commercial"
Does this sound like a person who should get married to you?

27. DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU?
"Work Song" - Nina Simone
"Working and working/But I still got so terribly far to go"
Honestly, I'm becoming a nicer person everyday. In no time people actually will.

28. IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
"You Make Me Wanna" - Usher
Yeah, his friend was cuter and more sane. Oh well, guess I dropped that ball.

29. WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW?
"At the Helm" - Hieroglyphics (Del)
"Life is a blast when you know what you're doin'/Best to know what you're doin' 'fore your life get ruined/Life is a thrill when your skill is developed/If you ain't got a skill or trade, then shut the hell up"
Why didn't anyone tell me I could get paid to shop for a living? If only I'd made the right decisions then, I wouldn't be eating a big, fat regret sandwich with a side of why fries.

30. WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
"Blind Mary" - Gnarls Barkley
I don't even know what this question is asking, so I guess I'll be posing this as a completely clueless person.

No comments: