Friday, July 25, 2008

Top Five Records © High Fidelity

Lets back away from fine shoes for a moments and return to my other obsession, music. I'm a list monger and circumlocuter. I figured I'd join these seemingly incompatible sides of myself to decide upon my favorite five records by my favorites groups and artists. Let us begin.

These are all in particular order. Let's also pretend that all these songs are snuggled in comfy and mechanically correct quotation marks.


De la Soul
1. Buddy (Native Tongues remix)
2. Oodles of Os
3. Bitties in the BK Lounge
4. I Am I Be
5. Declaration





MF Doom (including aliases)
1. Doomsday
2. All Caps
3. I Hear Voices
4. A Dead Mouse
5. Hoe Cakes






Donny Hathaway
1. I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know
2. Giving Up
3. Lord Help Me
4. I (Who Have Nothing) w/ Roberta Flack
5. Sack Full of Dreams







Bobby Brown
1. Don't Be Cruel
2. On Our Own
3. All Day All Night
4. Rock Wit'cha (remix)
5. Roni






Raheem DeVaughn
1. Mo Betta
2. You (remix)
3. Where I Stand
4. The Idea of Falling in Love
5. Love Drug







Radiohead
1. The Tourist
2. Idioteque
3. Everything In Its Right Place
4. Jigsaw Falling into Place
5. Lucky






TV On The Radio
1. Wear You Out
2. New Health Rock
3. A Method
4. Wolf Like Me
5. Ambulance






Aceyalone
1. Makeba
2. Mr. Outsider
3. The Hold
4. Tweakends
5. Fortitude








Bobby "Blue" Bland

1. Little Boy Blue
2. If You're Gonna Walk on My Love
3. Members Only
4. Stormy Monday Blues
5. Cry, Cry, Cry







Bjork

1. Unravel
2. Bachelorette
3. Hunter
4. I Go Humble
5. Pagan Poetry







Luther Vandross

1. Don't You Know That
2. Better Love
3. Superstar
4. Wait For Love
5. I Can Make It Better







Sam Cooke
1. Bring it on Home to Me
2. That's Where it's At
3. Lord, Remember Me (w/ The Soul Stirrers)
4. I'll Come Running Back to You
5. A Change is Gonna Come







Alexander O'Neal
1. What's Missing
2. All True Man
3. A Broken Heart Can Mend
4. (What Can I say) To Make You Love Me
5. Hearsay

No comments: