Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cute Puffers

Yeah, I'm late. Mad people have covered the new ascendancy of the puffer as a fashion item, but here I am, in November, doing the same. Well, whatever. I'm a procrastinator, and only the other day did I realize that it's actually cold. So here I go, late as usual, looking for a warm coat.

Now, my good luck from last year in getting the puffer I wanted was nothing short of miraculous. I found the Clarisse by Moncler for a steal.

(I hate this pose.)

However, I found that the electric blue isn't quite an all-encompassing color, so I must find one
that is equally stunning, but not so bright. Thus ...






This tuxedo-styled puffer comes from Elizabeth & James. I like it. I mean, it's black, which is bad, but the style is interesting. That collar is a problem, though. Get it here. Just don't get it in my size; it's in the running.



This lovely, shiny, gray thing, is Moncler's Aliso, and I want it. There really is something to be said for a cinched waist and glossy fabric. Thing is, like all Monclers, this coat is a little out of my price range. Hopefully, the homie in Italy can fix that problem for me. Get it here.



Some of us are cheap (or broke) , and that's fine. Lory and Thaly, respectively, allow you to be both warm and guiltless. I suspect that I've shown these before, but Soia & Kyo's simply the savior for chicks on a budget.














Again, teetering dangerously on the edge of boring, but the collar saves it. Plus, it's reversible. For those who prefer the quilted look, there's the other side. Basic Boutique has it for you. By Add Down.









Another from Add Down. A basic bomber style with epaulets, side pockets, and a zip front. And it's in a glossy red. I love it. This company looks to be competing for Moncler customers who have some disposable income but can't quite make it rain. Get it at Saks.


I've never heard of Combobella, but the brand appears to available only on Yoox. I assume they're some value Italian brand. Either way, I'm liking this coat at this price. I am a sucker for stripes.

And the pièce de résistance, Nissa by Mackage. I still love this coat, and even though I 'm short and short-torsoed and would look awful in it, I still want it.

No comments: