Tuesday, March 18, 2008

RIP Static Major

I'm really late on this and am really sorry that I am, but atrack's been experiencing some emotional difficulties that prevent her from posting. Needless to say, this was surprising and just plain sad. I guess we'll never get another album from one of my top five male groups of all time, Playa; but I do thank you, Static, for the years of bangers you've provided. There were many who didn't know your illness. Sucks to be them.

Jokes aside, this is quite sad. My heart (the part that's actually worth a damn) goes out to his family, Black, and Smoke.

Select Bangers
"Can I Take You Home" - Jamie Foxx
When I heard this, I just knew someone from Playa was involved. The song has Playa written all over it. Static should've kept this one for himself and the boys, but oh well.


"Happy Birthday" - Playa
The boys in rare form.


"Your Dress" - Playa
Those harmonies, y'all, and those delightfully inappropriate lyrics.


"Top of the World" - Playa
From one of the best R&B albums of the 90s.

No comments: